Saturday, February 25, 2012

Writing Advice From Stephen King

There’s a magic moment. A really magic moment. If you read enough it will always come to you if you want to be a writer when you put down a book and say this really sucks. I can do better than this, and this got published. ~ Stephen King
This week’s blog is another writing requirement for my New Media: Writing and Publishing Class. I was asked to search Youtube.com for a video relating to a writer or writing and embed it in my blog then write about my interest in the video I’ve chosen. As you’ve probably already figured out from the title and quote, I’ve chosen a video with one of my favorite authors, Stephen King. This particular video is taken from a Q&A session during a public reading King gave of his book Wolves of the Calla in April 2003 at Yale Law School. Who better to get writing advice from than the prolific, pop-culture icon himself. I’ve read his book On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft and not only was I entertained, but I found it very helpful as an aspiring writer. So, when I saw this video entitled “Advice from Stephen King”, I couldn’t help but check it out. I’m glad I did. While the advice he offers isn’t anything new. It’s advice that every aspiring writer should follow told in Stephen King style. Enjoy. 

Works Citied:
"Advice from Stephen King." YouTube. YouTube, 27 Dec. 2006. Web. 25 Feb. 2012.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqp7A0B7abc>.

No comments:

Post a Comment